Share Articles on Women's Dress

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Kids Clothes Week: FIGGY'S BANYAN SHORTS!

I started the week off with lofty ambitions.
"Quickly" made a precious pair of Quick Change Trousers for a friend's son.
Then I started scheming things for my own girls.
Decided to try a little set of shorts for Aelyn and another Geranium dress for Camilla.. I also hoped to make a few tope for them both but they will have to wait...

These shorts have taken up most of the weeks sewing time.
But oh, how I adore them...


and I think she does too!

front

back


lots of pocket space :)

great for jumping


The shorts..
Pattern: Figgy's BANYAN: tapered pants, shorts, tee and tunic
Fabric: Robert Kaufman Brussels Washer Yarn Dye in Grey (a linen/rayon blend)
both from our shoppe, Sew To Speak!


The pattern really gave me a work out! I'd never done a zip fly before. I also got distracted around the waistband area and somehow went astray.. but I was I able to get back on track and finish them up nicely.
I am sooo pleased with they way they came out!!
I was also pleased, when I asked her to try them on, for fitting the elastic in the back waistband, she didn't want to take them back off so that I could finish! She even started putting toys in the pockets! But I explained what needed to be done, and she did, take them off, telling me to "Do it fast, Mom." 
...so that she could wear them to Grammy's house this evening :)

I will definitely be making more. As for the time invested, I know that the next set will go together much more quickly. I have my pattern traced and I know what I am doing ;)

Now.. just that Geranium for Camilla! We'll see if I can whip that up between tonight and tomorrow... It sews up quick so if I cut it out now I think I can. Then I might be able to finish one more little thing before Kids Clothes Week is officially over, on Monday!

I might've accomplished a lot more, had I planned and prepped my projects ahead of time, like many other, smarter, sewers did. 
But I didn't. 
So. 
Awe-well.

Kids Clothes Week: FIGGY'S BANYAN SHORTS! Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment